After months of constantly being on the go, I decided to do something I haven’t done in years: go on vacation. As the countdown to my four days of relaxation and tropical bliss nears, like the savvy individual I am, I made a list of the thing I need to take with me.
1. Sunscreen– I never go a day without wearing sunscreen, even on cloudy days or on days that I spend most of my time indoors. UV rays can penetrate through windows, and indoor fluorescent lights also emit UV radiations, so I smear SPF on all day long. Finding a sunscreen that smell’s great and doesn’t leave white streaks of residue can be difficult, which is why I decided to purchase Peter Thomas Roth Instant Mineral SPF45 for my trip. It’s a transparent SPF 45 mineral pre-filled powder brush that is easily portable and oh-so convenient for a quick touch-up when on the go.
2. Bug repellent – Anytime I go to any island, I return home with little mosquito bites, but not this time! I’m bringing a secret weapon: Burt’s Bees Natural Herbal Insect repellant. It doesn’t contain toxic chemicals and smells like lemongrass.
3. Yes, hotels do provide you with the tiniest little bottles of some necessities. But, when I saw this Female Personal Care Travel Kit, I realized that I probably would have forgotten to bring half of the stuff this kit includes.
4. There may be a point that I may end up sitting through my seven-hour flight in an area of the plane that has a screaming child or a loud snorer. Headache medication is a must for any traveler.
5. Makeup pallets and beauty products that can multi-task is a savvier choice that traveling with 7 eye shadows, 10 lipsticks and 5 different blushes.
6. I love my Sedu Flat Iron. I will not travel without this thing. It’s already small enough to travel with, but don’t let its dainty size fool you. This hair iron does some major work when it comes to flat ironing my tight, frizzy curls.
For the plane ride, entertainment such as books and music are must have. And, the most importantly thing I will be brining is the iPhone Touch, so I can make face-to-face calls to home. And, of course, I would not go on any vacation without wearing super chic outfits and accessories. I’ll be posting some of my looks when I get back.